Nowadays, many people are considering the idea of getting rhinoplasty or nose job. And with the presence of cosmetic surgery clinics almost everywhere and qualified rhinoplasty surgeons, the more determined people become to push through with their decision. However, just like with any other type of plastic surgery, it is very important to weigh its pros and cons. This is especially true if you want to ensure that it’s right for you.
Rhinoplasty – What is It?
Also known as nose job, nose surgery, and nose reshaping, rhinoplasty is a plastic surgery performed for the purpose of correcting and reconstructing the nose formation, restoring the functions, and improving the appearance of the nose. If you are considering the idea of getting rhinoplasty, but not quite sure if you should or shouldn’t, then here are some reasons to help you decide.
One of the reasons why many individuals want to undergo the said procedure, even though it’s a complex one, is because they are unhappy with the current shape, size or even angle of their noses. It is making them self-conscious especially if it’s not proportionate to the rest of their face. Others even consult a rhinoplasty surgeon because of major breathing problems and discomfort they feel.
If you think one of the reasons mentioned above fits your current situation, then you really might want to consider getting a nose job. However, the most important thing aside from finding a qualified surgeon will be weighing the pros and cons of getting rhinoplasty. After all, it is one complex surgical procedure and there are many considerations associated with it. Let’s start first with knowing what the advantages are.
Advantages of Rhinoplasty:
It is best that you know the possible benefits of rhinoplasty to your well being, health, and lifestyle.
1. If you are unhappy with your nose because of the shape, size or angle, then undergoing rhinoplasty will be address your concern. If you want your large nose to become small, this is the procedure you should definitely have.
2. Is the structure of your nose giving you such a hard time that it’s already restricting your breathing or providing some discomfort? Rhinoplasty can help correct this issue as it not only improves the shape or angle but also restores the functions.
3. Rhinoplasty is a safe and effective surgical procedure, especially if you choose the right surgeon to perform the procedure on you.
4. One more advantage is it can help bring back and boost your self-confidence. You may be conscious about your small, crooked, or flat nose before. But once the shape, angle or size is improved, it can definitely have a significant impact on your self-confidence.
Disadvantages of Rhinoplasty:
Although rhinoplasty has its own advantages , it is also important to note that there are disadvantages as well.
1. One of the disadvantages of undergoing rhinoplasty is that scars may develop at the base of your nose. Of course, it will still depend on the type of rhinoplasty surgery you are getting, but this is possible.
2. Aside from scars, the surgery can lead to the formation of skin problems or skin tissue breakdowns due to the use of grafting materials. The skin may get irritated because of these materials, which might lead to some skin problems around your nose.
3. Last but not least, you will need to take some time to adjust to your current look with the new nose. You may not be happy at first when you see your nose as it heals and may even come to the point that you regret getting it done, but you just need time.
So, there you have it – the advantages and disadvantages of rhinoplasty. Now, don’t be scared! Because if you choose a skilled rhinoplasty surgeon, you can have peace of mind that he is qualified and knowledgeable to perform the procedure.